Sunday 7 September 2014

Will Chris Evans Direct a Marvel Movie?

Taking a short break from the Marvel Cinematic
Universe , where he is known as Steve Rogers
(aka Captain America), actor Chris Evans
arrived this weekend at the Toronto Film
Festival to promote his upcoming directorial
debut Before We Go. With his Marvel contract
starting to wind down, the actor recently
commented on his thoughts about directing one
of the upcoming Marvel movies himself.
In an interview with The Wall Street Journal ,
Chris Evans didn't balk at the idea of going on
the other side of the camera for Disney and
Marvel.
He stated:
"So me and Mark Kassen, the guy who I brought
on this movie, we were just talking like "what's
next?" I want to continue directing and he's like
"what size movie do you want to direct?" I don't
care. If I read the right script, if that script
needs $5 million, if that script needs $50
million, I don't care. If I read a project that's
beautiful, that I really want to make, whatever it
needs, it needs."
Talking with Variety, the actor confirms that his
plan is to only star in movies he directs after
his Marvel contract has expired. He still has one
more movie to go after Avengers: Age of Ultron
and Captain America 3, but that movie has not
yet been revealed.
Chris Evans is not retiring from acting, as
previously reported, but he will be more careful
about the projects he chooses, and he will be
involved in the entire filmmaking process of
those movies.
He says:
"I'm looking to pursue directing. In the
immediate future, I'm only looking to fulfill my
contract with Marvel. If I'm going to act, it will
be either in Marvel or something that I'm
directing. And somehow, it was twisted into it
would either be Marvel or I'm directing, not that
I would be directing something I would act in."
Chris Evans also goes onto admit that without
Marvel, his role as a director may have never
come to fruition, and he sites his time as Steve
Rogers in Captain America: The First Avenger ,
Captain America: The Winter Soldier and
Marvel's The Avengers as what made Before We
Go possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment